The Department of Communication Studies hosts the Mu Alpha chapter of the national Communication Studies honor society, Lambda Pi Eta. UNT's chapter was formed in 2001 and members of the organization actively seek opportunities to provide loval service initiatives, develop student scholarship outlets, and foster a collegial departmental community. As a member of the organization, you would be involved in service projects, academic development initiatives, and provide opportunities for students to interact socially with each other and the faculty. In order to qualify for membership in LPH, a student must:
• Have completed at least 60 semester hours
• Have completed at least 12 semester hours in Communication Studies
• Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
• Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 in Communication Studies
• Be in good standing at the university
• Display commitment to the field of Communication Studies
If you are interested in joining this organization, please contact the faculty advisor, Dr. Joseph McGlynn at: email@example.com.